Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Lightning Thief Review.

Went to see the Lightning Thief. What a great family movie! I really haven't seen one like this in a long time. The Story line was very good.
Story Line:
There is a boy who is the son of Poseidon, god of the seas. Now the boy, Percy Jackson, has no idea who he is. The gods are mad about the lightning bolt being stolen and believe that Percy Jackson has it. They are about to start a war on earth if it is not return by him at certain time. So the story line begins it's intrigue and suspense.

The special effects were outstanding. In every scene we became more involved with the movie. I really like the traveling in the underworld. That made me feel as if I would never want to be there. Towards the end there was a fight. It seemed like the whole theater was cheering Percy on. Maybe not by words but in thought, holding our breathe and yelling in our minds.
The writers did a wonderful job. No language or sex in the whole movie.
I really like that it was a clean show. It reminded me of the story lines of Sinbad and Hercules and the gods. I believe there is a very good chance many sequels will evolve.
A word of advice;
Stay in the theater during the credits, there is a surprise scene half way through them.
I would rate this a 9 out of 10. Only because I would have loved for it to have been 3D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Have a Marvelous Reading Day.